Back to Topics

PhoneGap vs Native

by Jacob
03/28/2014    5:36pm

Hmmm I am not too familiar with the technical aspects but here is what I was able to learn about PhoneGap:

Phonegap gives you controls to most of the phone’s features. Any feature not supported can be added by writing a plugin using the device’s native code for each platform. So there are no limits on Phonegap other than performance issues, which are mainly based on complex UIs. Its not an issue with JavaScript, but rather CSS. Styling like drop shadows, gradients, rounded edges, transparency, etc. cause these performance issues, which you will notice is being drop by most platforms.

by Avengers 03/28/2014 5:36pm

Hmmm I am not too familiar with the technical aspects but here is what I was able to learn about PhoneGap:

Phonegap gives you controls to most of the phone’s features. Any feature not supported can be added by writing a plugin using the device’s native code for each platform. So there are no limits on Phonegap other than performance issues, which are mainly based on complex UIs. Its not an issue with JavaScript, but rather CSS. Styling like drop shadows, gradients, rounded edges, transparency, etc. cause these performance issues, which you will notice is being drop by most platforms.

To start posting or replying to topics, you will need to register or login.